Posted on November 10, 2012 by blwdadmin - Holistic Chiropractor
Many Americans these days suffer with chronic headaches and migraines. The pain can be so severe that you may even have to go to an emergency room. The throbbing pain can be unrelenting and include dizziness and nausea. Those drugs that do help a little also have many dangerous side effects.
Over-the-counter medications are somewhat effective if you catch the migraine in time but this is a key to alleviating the pain of a migraine. You must begin taking medications the moment you believe you are coming down with a migraine. Sometimes sufferers report experiencing the “halo effect” where they see haloes around objects and this signals the beginning of a migraine. Once the migraine moves into its full and worst state, it is very difficult to treat. Even strong prescription medications may not work.
Thousands of migraine sufferers find relief with chiropractic adjustments. The therapeutic manipulation of the spine and soft tissue often causes the spinal column, neck and back to relax enough to ease suffering. Deep tissue massage can also bring relief to tense, bound up muscles. Other home remedies that can work to relieve migraine pain are:
- Soaking in warm tub with Epsom Salts added
- Relaxing walk
- Deep breathing exercises
Since many migraines originate out of worry and extreme stress, laughter often works well to turn things around. Laughing is good medicine for many ailments and has even been used by cancer patients. Biofeedback trains the mind to direct its energy to the areas that are in pain and bring peace and comfort where there is tension. Some patients find that heat or ice packs on their forehead or neck area can help as well.
Many studies have been performed by university science departments and pharmaceutical labs. These studies often conclude that most patients find as much relief from one of the natural remedies named above as from a harsh prescription drug. Approximately 20% of migraine sufferers say that visiting their chiropractor helps with a migraine.
Dr. Bob Seiler of the Holistic Chiropractic and Wellness in Salt Lake City, UT offers patients some natural choices for the healing of migraines. Dr. Seiler has over 20 years of experience and extensive training as a chiropractor. He uses the science, art and philosophy of chiropractic Utah to gently promote the body’s natural healing functions. This often results in a true and lasting relief for patients.
Utah Holistic Chiropractor Dr. Seiler works with migraine sufferers using his intuitive understanding of how the body works and how each system interacts with the others. With careful manipulation of the spine, neck and back, Dr. Seiler encourages the mind, body and spirit to achieve maximum health, resulting in less overall pain. With chiropractic, patients simply feel better and they don’t have to worry about harmful side effects.
Posted on October 15, 2012 by blwdadmin - Chiropractic Information
There are a number of successful chiropractic techniques, which focus on improved body health by aligning the spine, muscles and extremities. Often times, neck pain and back pain can cause poor circulation, which ultimately takes a toll on one’s health. Oftentimes, poor posture is simply the result of improper spinal misalignment, a decreased awareness of your body’s positions and lack of commitment in wanting to restore optimal posture. You don’t have to wait until there’s significant pain to make changes in your body! Regular holistic chiropractic care with an awareness of what’s good to eat and not to eat along with the right kind of exercise and even no exercise can give you the health you’re looking for.
Dr. Bob Seiler, a Salt Lake City chiropractor, is a trained holistic professional who focuses on helping people improve their body’s overall health and well-being. The chiropractic adjustment given manually or by The Impulse, Neuro-Mecahnical instrument can be unbelievably helpful to one’s health and well-being. Dr. Seiler takes time and gentleness to see if the chiropractic adjustment can help you. The chiropractic adjustment is not for everyone.
What type of techniques do Salt Lake City chiropractors use? This brief guide will give prospective patients an overview.
- Spinal Manipulation – This technique involves “retraining” the spine and the spine’s muscles to adapt to healthier posture. This often results in increased mobility, helping bring the entire spinal column into harmony and balance.
- Extremity Manipulation – Spinal health is important, allowing the body to function properly, including muscles, organs and mental health. Using extremity manipulation helps mobilize joints and muscles that may be causing discomfort and musculoskeletal pain. Chiropractors use extremity manipulation, helping to restore nerve supply and mobility to extremities and joints that may be negatively affecting the body’s nervous system.
- NeuroMechanical Impulse Instrument – This technique includes analyzing the length of the legs to help determine whether a pelvic deficiency is indeed present. Every person stands differently, bearing weight at different points in the body. Over time, this can cause an excessive build-up of pressure on one side of the body, resulting in one leg being slightly shorter, having compensated for excess weight and gravity. This method helps restore the body by focusing on correcting pelvic and vertebral misalignments, often using The Impulse instrument to set the joints back into the proper positions.
- Thompson Techniques – This method also analyzes the legs’ length. However, this method utilizes a drop table, allowing the chiropractor to gently thrust the joints, allowing for proper realignment. This method allows chiropractors to focus on specific tissues and joints.
- Gonstead Techniques – This technique addresses subluxation, areas where the spine is misaligned and results in a painful pinched nerve. This technique also focuses on using different pressure methods.
- Cox Flexion and Distraction Techniques – This method is ideal for people suffering from severe neck, arm, leg and back pain. Often considered a safe alternative to invasive back surgery, this is can help restore muscles and range of motion in joints, helping bring the spine into proper alignment. This technique can also help reduce headaches, improve posture and alleviate some herniated disc discomfort.
Posted on September 19, 2012 by blwdadmin - Chiropractic Information
With the increase of diseases and obesity in the United States, many people are waking up to just how important diet and nutrition are. Illnesses like diabetes, heart disease and arthritis are at a record-breaking climb and most of us are starting to realize how imperative it truly is to eat right, decrease sugar-intake, increase water intake, get enough sleep, exercise and stretch correctly. Be more conscious of your current lifestyle.
While pizza and cheeseburgers are fine occasionally, those who choose foods like these and who like soda for their regular diet will quickly develop high blood pressure and other illnesses. Researchers are constantly sharing the importance of a diet rich in proteins and fiber and low in carbs and fats. But each of us has to have our own epiphany about the true importance of healthy eating and exercise.
Adults are not only eating the wrong things but we’re teaching our children to eat poorly. In the past 30 years, childhood obesity has more than tripled. Every year the percentage of obese kids increases. According to the World Health Organization, by the year 2015, over 2 billion adults worldwide with be overweight with more than 700 million classified as obese.
These startling facts are beginning to wake up many of us and help us take our diet and daily exercise regimen much more seriously. So what can we do to get ourselves and our families on wholesome nutritional foods? How can we get our kids away from the TV and games and get them outdoors exercising and playing?
Tip Number One:
Talk to your family. Discuss the importance of nutrition and exercise. Though children may not act like they’re listening, often much of what parents say does get through. Don’t accuse anyone of anything. Instead, try to get your family all on the same page concerning changing some eating habits. Try to make it a fun, family activity that all of you will do together because you love each other and want to live long, healthy lives.
Tip Number Two:
Consider outdoor activities that the whole family could be involved in, such as swimming, basketball or volleyball. Group outdoor sports can be fun and get the heart rate up. Learn to play tennis or consider swimming. Gentle movement is good for the body and mind. These are physical activities that family members might truly enjoy. Sometimes when kids see the Olympic games or Wimbledon on television it can spark a lifelong interest in various sporting activities.
Tip Number Three:
Talk to your kids and family about how nutritious green leafy vegetables, carrots, broccoli and others are. Give them some good solid information about wholesome foods. Discuss the various benefits of eating celery and carrots instead of candy bars. Make a strong case for eating nutritional foods and eventually your family will get the message.
Dr. Bob Seiler runs a Holistic Chiropractic practice located in Salt Lake City. His approach involves comprehensive treatment plans to address each area of our lives. He believes that many of the conditions and health problems that Americans deal with are a direct result of individual lifestyle.
Most Utah chiropractors are only interested in spinal problems but his practice takes a holistic approach to healing the human body. Dr. Bob Seiler believes in giving patients the time they need to talk about their issues. He listens to you. He does not see 75 to 125 patients a day. He is a Salt Lake City chiropractor who genuinely cares about the whole health and well-being of his patients.
Many different Utah chiropractors use spinal adjustments, acupuncture, and other holistic chiropractic techniques but there are very few that have Class IV deep tissue laser therapy technology in their office. Dr. Bob Seiler is one of those few chiropractors in Utah that have this technology and he uses it often to help to relieve stubborn unresolved back, neck, joint pain, headaches, neuropathies. Relief can be immediate or after a few treatments.
There is absolutely no pain or discomfort during deep tissue laser therapy treatments. You will feel a gentle and soothing warmth as your body’s cells respond to the beams of laser energy. This revolutionary technology of Class IV deep tissue laser therapy is much faster and has a deeper penetration than Class III cold lasers. Class IV Thermal Laser Therapy quickens your healing and shortens number of treatments needed. Try it !
The LiteCure deep tissue laser therapy can give immediate relief for:
- Joint Pain/Arthritis
- Sports Injuries
- Chronic Back Pain
- Reduce Adhesions and Scarring from Surgeries
- Heal Bruising from Injury and Bruising and Surgery
- Dental Pain
- Muscle Strains
- Fibromyalgia Pain
- Neuropathic Pain, Numbness, Tingling
- Heal Shingles and Stress and Pain
The benefits to deep tissue laser therapy treatments are numerous. Just a few of the benefits include:
- Accelerated Tissue Repair and Wound Healing
- Reduce Pain, Inflammation, and Scar Tissue Formation
- Improved Circulation and Nerve Function
- Quicken Post-Surgical and Physical Therapy Healing
If you’re suffering from chronic or difficult pain then come see Dr. Bob Seiler for a consultation and see what kind of holistic chiropractic Utah options are available to you to help alleviate your pain.